Hi Jim,
Well, I was thinking more of Troopenum here when you mentioned Missile Command, because the games do have a couple of things in common. Even though Troopenum is technically suppose to be a Space Invaders clone the Gorbian levels are more like Missile Command than Space Invaders. On the Gorbian levels you have Gorbian ships falling down out of the sky. In addition to lining them up by using the left/right arrow keys you also have to move the barrel of your laser cannon up/down to center the target.This is why I thought of Troopenum when you mentioned Missile Command. As far as Missile Command using Patriot missiles are you sure we are talking about the same version? The version I am thinking of was released around 1982 or so for the Atari 2600. Although, I know there were PC versions released later the only one I remember playing was the old Atari game from the 1980's. That one definitely used a laser cannon. Either that or the poor graphics were so bad that it looked like a laser weapon.

Cheers!

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

In Missile Command it was more than left and right. It was also up and down. More like moving your mouse pointer around the screen and getting it in front of the in coming missile, then firing your anti missile missile. It was the patriot missile system before they used it in desert storm. Just left and right would be more like Space Invaders. It as I said was a mouse pointer before windows had a mouse.

So, may I ask, is Troopenum and Aliens in the Outback more like Missile Command or Space Invaders?

    Jim