Hello,

The minimum dice sizes would be 4 6 8 10 12 20 and 100. 2 and 3 would also be useful. If it were to be really nice, it would also have the option of rolling multiple dice with the ability to view each of the dice individually. If you really wanted to get fancy, you could have multiple dice of multiple sizes. The first visual dice rolling program which was explained to me had all of the above. basically, the dice were shown in a grid so you could see the individual numbers, all the dice of each size added, and all the rolled dice added together. Many years ago when I was attempting programming, I wrote a program like this where you selected all of your requirements at the beginning including any number of sides you wished and then the results were given to you. It was written in C back in 1986 for a programming course (I have forgotten almost all of the programming because I never used it). We created a simulated random number generator function which used many fairly complex mathematical equations and had the program access the computer's clock for the seed number. I then used mathematical equations to convert the percentage number in to the proper number of sides for each dice. I am sure my code was atrocious, but it worked and I received a good grade for the course.

David Chittenden, MSc, CRC, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com

Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Phil,
I'm pretty sure I could whipsomething like that up if you could tell me exactly what you were looking for. I'm assuming here you want to be able to do a standard 6, 12, 20, or 100 side dice throw for an RPG game like DND or something like that right?

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi Jim,
Could you turn your guess the number game  to a simple dice roller?
It would roll one die and you could specify how many sides.
and the output would be using SAPI.
Sometimes the GMA dice roller is hard to use on some systems.
It could recap what you typed saying,
Your 100 sides dice roll is 52.
thanks,
phil