  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the switching of the voice in MOTA beta 10

  Hi Hayden,
  Oh, that would not be very practical at all. You have no idea how much
  work would go into developing two different speech systems like that.
  I'd litterally have to do double the work to support the speaking of wav
  files and Sapi. It would be likethis for every single speech message in
  the game including menus and such.

  if (settings.sapi == false)
  {
  // Load files and play them back here.
  }
  if (settings.sapi == true)
  {
  // Speak a message with Sapi here.
  }
  That is quite a lot of work supporting Sapi and prerecorded speech
  files. It would be best if we can settle this issue now so while I'm
  updating the DirectX problem I can always take care of this speech issue to.

  HTH

  Hayden Presley wrote:
  > Personally, I think it should be optional; if someone doesn't like the wav
  > files, they could turn on SAPI support in the options menu. Personally, I
  > think the wav files and voice are fine, but...
  > Best Regards,
  > Hayden

  Virus Database (VPS): 091213-0, 12/13/2009
  Tested on: 12/14/2009 2:49:08 AM