hi Tom,
In Lonewolf the firing depth is 40 feet. However, were this a true World War II submarine simulation firing depth would be 60 feet if memory serves me correctly. So the games facts or technical specifications are off some.

Tom Randall wrote:
Yes, the enemy subs tend to stay close to the surface if they are attacking,
and you have to do the same thing with your sub, you can only target
torpedoes if you are above a certain depth, I cannot remember what that is
exactly I need to re-install Lone Wolf.  Pretty much the only reason you go
deep is if you are trying to evade something.

Hope this helps.

Tom