Some versions of windows 7 has an xp mode, that makes it possible to run programs in an xp environment. It reminds me of the command prompt in other windows versions that was intended to run dos programs among other things.

To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 1:09 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Windows 7 and compatibility

Hi.

well, as it looks like the netbook business will be problematic, I might considder a slimline laptop instead, however I'm concerned about program compatibility.

Most audio games I've heard will run under windows 7, ---- so that isn't a problem, niether will brouser based games be incompatible. however I'm concerned about the older If type stuff.

will win frotz and wintads work under 7? and how about Dos console style programs such as fallthru, Eamon delux or world of legends?

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Beware the grue!