Hi Dark,
Well, I've tried Winfrotz on Windows 7, and it works fine. Not sure about the others though as I don't have them, and haven't tried them personally. Although, I certainly could install and try them for you if you need me to.

dark wrote:
Hi. well, as it looks like the netbook business will be problematic, I might considder a slimline laptop instead, however I'm concerned about program compatibility. Most audio games I've heard will run under windows 7, ---- so that isn't a problem, niether will brouser based games be incompatible. however I'm concerned about the older If type stuff. will win frotz and wintads work under 7? and how about Dos console style programs such as fallthru, Eamon delux or world of legends? any thoughts would be much appreciated. Beware the grue!