Hi Peter,
Ummm...That's a bit extreme. Things aren't that dificult as you would
make them seam. Remember Damien is learning C++ which is the traditional
programming language used by Mac OS developers. Plus Mac OS uses a very
commonC/C++ compiler gcc and g++ for development which runs on Mac,
Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows, you name it. If you can use the
compiler on one OS you can use it on all. You make it sound like Mac OS
is a totally alien operating system which isn't true. Mac and Windows
have similar applications, tools, some the same and some a bit
different. However, the learning curve isn't as bad as you make it
sound.
Cheers!