This version is based on version 1.6.2 (which at the time of writing) was the
latest version. There's also some custom mods to make it work better with
screen readers (such as the under construction icons when buildings are being
built) but otherwise, it's identical to the sourceforge version with the
difference being.  I've added title and alt tags to all graphics, and indicated
what level buildings are using said tags (the original did not do this, and it
was difficult to tell what buildings needed worked on, and which ones you could
leave alone for a bit) and a few other things to make it work better for screen
reader users.  However, this did nothing to change the usability of the game by
sighted users, so everyone is equally welcome to play.
If you want to play the game locally, you'll need a machine that has both mysql
and a web server with php support installed.  Otherwise, you'll need to play on
the web.  It's a web-based game, but that doesn't mean it can't be played
locally, it just takes a bit of setup first.
It's more fun to play online though, since you get more competition.  Of
course, since it's opensource, anyone is welcome to modify it as they see fit,
and host it anywhere they like.
So, if you're looking to have a complete game running on your web host, then
this may be the one you're looking for.  I've actually considered basing a
space-building game on this one, but I had to finish making this one accessible
first.
I did switch browser versions partway through my upgrading, so some items may
not have alt tags, but they do have title tags.  If anyone has trouble
determining what something is, let me know what your browser version is, (this
won't work with base lynx, since it uses javascript for some of it's
functionality, but it will work with some versions of lynx that have been
modified to have js support.
The game is written in php, and uses mysql for the backend (though come to
think of it, I think I forgot to include the forum sql structures in my zip
file, so will have to repost)
But, if you like building type games that only take a few minutes a day to
play, then this game is your kind of thing.
If not, then you may want to give this one a pass, as it takes a good deal of
patience to actually get anywhere significant once you get started.