Python is awesome. Check out SFML (sfml-dev.org). You won't be able how to learn to make games from that site, but python + sfml are the two reasons why my project is moving forward at all. THey don't have a mac build on the site, but I think one can be built from source.

The one thing about Python (python.org) is that it uses indentation for most code. NVDA announces tabs whe you turn punctuation on, and I'm sure there's something in JAWS to announce formatting changes. JAWS is probably more flexible in that regard (announcing multiple spaces for instance). I don't know about other windows screenreaders.

James