Hi,
Yeah. I'm not personally a big Python fan myself, but some one looking
for relatively easy, cross-platform development, and a decent
multimedia API Python with PySFML is  a decent combo. Definitely a big
improvement over PyGame which is becoming quite dated and lacks some
of the features of PySFML. I've done some tinkering with PySFML myself
of late and if I hadn't already rewritten most of my engine code in
C++ by now I might have taken a chanse with Python and PySFML for the
symplicity involved in that combo. Python is really the closest you
can get to a basic language that runs on Mac OS, Linux, and Windows,
as well as several other platforms that run Python.

Cheers!