Well zachary, being I'm a trekky I gave it a try.
I'll admit it was kind of hard. If you could sort of tell me what do all the numbers mean and all these U's near the word shields I'd appreciate it. I managed to find where my current warp and course is, ditto with the enemies but nothing else. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Zachary Kline" <zkl...@speedpost.net>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:00 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Any Begin2 fans out there?

Hi All,
I just thought I'd put this out and see if anybody's still interested in this old game. For those who haven't read backissues of Audyssey in a while, it's an extremely detailed simulation of tactical combat in the Star Trek universe which is almost completely accessible. The game was originally written for Dos but has recently been revived by one of its original authors. The Windows version isn't accessible as of yet, but the author plans to do that once it starts becoming more than just a straight conversion. I absolutely love this game, its atmosphere is remarkable as is the level of detail and replay value. Most conveniently, it is one of the games that I'm able to play since making the switch to Linux as my primary opperating system a little while back. If anybody's interested in getting this up and running, there's a yahoo group which is quite well-frequented. That group is beginstarshipcombat. To subscribe, you'll want to email beginstarshipcommbat-subscr...@yahoogroups.com. The game itself can be found various places. A quick Google for "Begin: Tactical Starship Simulation" will turn up one such, which also includes a nifty blow-by-blow walkthrough of a battle.
Enjoy,
Zack.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________

http://www.eset.com