Hi,
Visual Basic 6 is very very old. I would not suggest that a new developer
uses it anymore. Awhile back, I created a clone of BSC Game's Crazy Darts in
the .NET framework. A sound moves from left to right, and your goal is to
try to hit the center. The closer you are to the center, the more points you
receive. I'd have to go find it on my computer and clean it up a bit, but
I'll upload it for you when I do. It uses DirectSound and DirectInput from
DirectX9.

Even a person who is not a professional like myself, does not need to lookup
much. I already knew how to use DirectSound and DirectInput. Becoming a
better programmer requires practice. I had figure out a solution to the main
problem in this game: how to move a ship from left to right. The answer is
simple: panning the sound and a timer; they are both documented online. No
website or person gave me the code or ideas to do this, but do you see how I
put together what I knew (timers and sound panning) to create this? This is
an important skill in computer programming,  problem solving.

Thank you.
-Ryan S
Head of RS Games
Go play Monopoly at: www.rsgames.co.nr