Hi Thomas,

Yeah, I have been programming in BASIC since 1980, COBOL and FORTRAN before
that.  If you like to do all of the extra work that a low level language takes,
well that is your choice.  Personally when I have a job to do, I am going to
choose the tool that will allow me to get the job done in the easiest and most
efficient manner.  And since as you say VB6 does allot of the work for me, that
is the language that I choose to use.  And heck no one can tell which language
the finished program was written in anyway.

And I say that over 30 years of successful programming with tens of thousands
of satisfied users makes me an experienced programmer regardless of the
language I choose to use.

BFN