Hi Hayden,
No, it was Visual Basic .Net. In fact, it was built using Visual
Studio 2003 as RailRacer requires .Net Framework 1.1 and Managed
DirectX 9. Both of those were created in 2003/2004. So it definitely
was not Visual Basic 6.
As for Visual Basic 6 it was released in 1998 long before the .Net
Framework was released in 2002. So in answer to your question no
Visual Basic 6can not use the .Net Framework. It might as well be
considered a different language from Visual Basic .Net as the two
languages are incompatible with one another. Visual Basic 6
applications use the Visual Basic Runtime, which is no longer
officially supported by Microsoft, and Visual Basic .Net uses the .Net
Framework. This change in runtime frameworks has introduced many
differences between the languages and are similar only in sintax and
there common basic coding conventions. In all other respects Visual
Basic .Net can be considered a different programming language
altogether.