i meant auido only games but thanks for the text games

On 20 Feb 2010, at 19:36, Philip Bennefall wrote:

> Hi Travis,
> 
> The 10 to 15 order figure was only a guess on my part, based on the fact that 
> direct requests from Mac users for ports have been so few. It is a costly 
> endeavour to port over an entire game engine from Windows to Mac, mainly in 
> time spent but there will also be some investment involved. And so before I 
> take on such a venture I need to be certain that I will at least get a few 
> hundred sales from Mac users; the same as I do on Windows.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Philip Bennefall
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Travis Siegel" 
> <tsie...@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
> To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
> Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:51 AM
> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] programming
> 
> 
>> Actually, there are several games on the mac.  Hundreds, thousands even,
>> but I assume you were talking about games for the blind only.
>> Well, those exist too.
>> Besides some written in java, you can go to:
>> http://www.softcon.com/mac/
>> and check out the programs (including some games) I've ported/written for 
>> the mac.
>> 
>> Unfortunately, programming on the mac using apple provided tools isn't as 
>> easy as it could be, and that's why there's not a whole lot of mac 
>> development happening for blind developers.
>> However, I disagree with the 10-15 registrations you might get out of the 
>> mac number.
>> There's literally hundreds of users on the various mac lists I'm on, and I 
>> know for a fact, at least half of those users are waiting for mac ports of 
>> games, so you are selling yourself short if you think there's only 10 folks 
>> who will register your game.
>> On the other hand, everything I've made is free, so all I have for numbers 
>> is downloads, but in all cases, they've reached tripple digits, so take from 
>> that what you will.
>> 
>> philip it is ashame you can't make your game engine mac compatible as well. 
>> as a matter of fact, why aren't people who are making supposedly mac 
>> playable games like draconis, helping developers like philip?
>> no proof as of yet of a mac playable game has come into existance as of yet
>> 
>> 
>> ---
>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2662 - Release Date: 02/01/10 
> 12:37:00
> 
> 
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.


---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to