Hi Philip,
Oh, I know there are far more than 10 to 15 VI Mac users out there. I
don't have exact figures, as I don't know how many there are myself,
but a good indicater is to checkout the Mac Visionaries mailing list.
That seams to be were most of the VI Mac users hang out on the
internet.
As for your other points I agree. It is something of a costly endever
to support both Mac and Windows, but not impossible. A lot of it comes
down to using libraries that are common to both like OpenAL 1.1
instead of DirectSound for audio support, OpenGL for graphics support
rather than Direct3D, and so on. However, as I've found out myself
there is a trade off when picking open source libraries verses the
better and more well known DirectX libraries. It is only a decision a
developer really should make if he/she has a personal interested in
seeing versions for another platform, or have a financial reason to
expand into those other markets.

Cheers!