Actually Bryan, hp makes a significant difference in that each individual body part, head and torso included gets more hp per level, thus can take more damage in combat. Also, as far as magic goes, in my last game I found both the druid class with lightning, and the mages' shrink ability very useful, especially on animal enemies. The Tricksters' chalm ability can also be very powerful. In general entombed is a game with very individualized stratogy, and one where you have to work quite hard at making use of certain abilities.

The potions thing is an issue, however Jason has said he will squash that particular bug in th future.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the entombed game

I really like the game, but I do feel that there are still some bugs and balance issues. For instance sometimes you'll find unidentified items. Well normally you can use an Idenfity scroll or pay for the identification in shops, but sometimes when you try to do this certain items won't show up despite being listed as unidentified. And while you can use the item to identify it you shouldn't have to resort to that. Plus Entombed doesn't feature the traditional hit point system that a lot of RPG's do. You get hit points, and they do increase as you gain levels, but it doesn't make all that much difference since if you get hit in the head or the torso, even if you only take a small amount of damage, you can die instantly. I can sort of understand the head but not the torso. And even if you train up the skills for the ewapons you choose to wield, it still seems that you miss an inordinant amount of times while your enemies hammer on you with impunity. And with the exception of the Necromancer and the Healer the magic classes really aren't that useful anymore. And Necromancers really can't summon many undead. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?