It's funny, but we were a bit more relaxded about things like that back in like the 70s or 80s, hence the Leisure Suit Larry games. As I said before my dad, brother and sister used to play those games all the time. I don't suppose my mom was too thrilled about it but they did it anyway. Nowadays if someone tried to release a Larry game they'd probably have fundamentalist Christians jumping down their throats just they way they do for things like Harry Potter and even Lord of the Rings and even, to some extent, the Chronicles of Narnia. I actually once had a neighbor tell me quite confidently that Aslan was the devil.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Adult games

Hi Jim,
Well, I don't either, but I have a pretty good theory why that is. If
we consider that the U.S. is largely made up of Christians of one
denomination or another that's obviously going to reflect on the
public outlook on sex. Let's not forget in the 2000 and 2004 elections
most Republicans got elected by getting on the God, gays, and guns
compeign  platform. Afterwards we had very stupid discussions of
ammending the constitution to define mariage as a union between a man
and a woman. As though passing a law can stop homosexual couples from
having a relationship which it couldn't.
Personally, I feel what a couple, same sex or not, does in the bed
room is none of the government's business. The churches can mind their
own business, and stay out of peoples lives. They have no business
trying to tell everyone else what kinds of movies, games, etc people
should watch or play. However, they do have an incredible sway over
American politics and to some degree over public opinion.
In countries where Christianity is not the mainstream religion, such
as Japan, you find much more relaxed views of sex, and much more
sexual content. I know the Japanese have adult oriented cartoons and
games where sex is quite previlent.  Obviously, they don't have a
problem with that kind of content, but we certainly do here in the
U.S.

Hi Thomas,

Yeah, I don't know why sex is so taboo for so many people in the U. S.  I
have always thought that it was a beautiful thing.  Now games, movies etc
that combine sex and violence really get me upset. Some might say that is
what spanker does, but as I mentioned the motto is safe, sane and
consensual.

BFN

     Jim