Hi Josh,
At the moment there are no new public updates for Star Trek Final
Conflict. Although, there is a version 2.0 in the works for release
sometime in the future. Since I've been fairly tied up with MOTA and
my Genesis Engine STFC has been sitting on the back burner for a
while.
As far as an FPS type game I've been thinking of doing one once the
Genesis Engine is ready for actual game production. I'd really like to
do something like Elite Force I or Elite Force II. Both are pretty
cool Star Trek FPS games.