Hi,
To be honest why bother? Most sighted people have a very dim view of
blindness in general, and havent't the faintest clue what it is like
to be blind to begin with. My guess is the people who are bashing
people who are blind over on Game Spot they aren't likely to listen to
you or anyone else anyway. They aren't coming at this with an open
mind, and are cracking jokes based on their own foolish ignorance. As
a wise person once said, "a person convinced against his will is of
the same opinion still."
I guess bottom line what I'm saying is that people often have stupid,
absolutely ignorant, opinions about someones race, disability, or
gender and there isn't much you can do to change that. You can try and
educate them, but if they aren't willing to listen to what you have to
say with an open mind then your efforts are doomed to failior. Based
on what I read so far this looks like one of those cases.