Hi Shaun,

Not on your life. Close to pro my buttt. You got to be joking me right?

First, of all the SB Live line of cards are old technology.
Yesterday's technology, and now are considered one of Creative's low
budget value sound cards. Definitely not the bleeding edge high end
sound cards they use to be back in the late 90's or so. If you want to
talk pro grade sound card something like the X-Fi would be more on the
list of higher end cards for musicians and sound designers.

Second, Creative Labs has been considerably falling behind in quality
and standards, and if you pay for one of their high priced cards you
are buying the name not the quality. I've had a number of their Audegy
cards totally fail after a couple of months of use, and I have a
friend who invested in an X-Fi only to find it was defective right out
of the box, and had to exchange it for a replacement one that worked.
So Creative is no longer the be all or end all of sound cards.

Third, you do realise that a Del with a 2.8 GHZ processor is on the
low end of processor speed and power these days? My Compaq laptop
purchased two years ago has a 3.6 GHZ Intel processor in it, and even
that is a bit slow compared to what I could purchase now.  So it is
not even remotely in the "pro" catagory you speak of.

Cheers!