To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:00 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Programming Language for Game Design

Good Morning,

Currently, I am a mainframe programmer who uses COBOL, CICS and JCL.

I've been tempted to design a few of my own games, but I'd like to do so on
a Windows 7 machine, not the big mainframe we use at work.

Initially, I'd like to design things that you play alone, against a
computer, but one day I'd like to branch out into games that you could play
on-line, against other people.

What is the best language to learn in order to accomplish these tasks?  In
addition to a programming language for creating the game, what else would I
need to know, down the road, in order to make the games multi-player?

Thanks for any advice.