Hi Dark,
Actually, this is quite simple. If you need to get the value stored in
a function and pass it to a variable your function must return a
value. However, you need to remember to set the functions return tuype
to the ttype of value you are returning.
In your sample code you have declared void main() () but return an
integer value. This would blow up because main is suppose to return a
null value instead of an integer in this case. To fix the problem you
need to declare main as type int. Does this make sense?
Here is a real world example of what I am talking about. Let's say you
want to get a characters x position on the map and pass it to a value
called x. Here is it in code.

// Get the player's x position
float GetX()
{
    return isPlayerX;
}

// Get the player's x position and store it in x
float x = GetX();

In this simple example the function GetX() returns the player's x
coordinate and passes it off to the value x which can be evaluated in
another function.