AngelScript has something called coRoutines, which is basically multithreading, but I don't know if Philip will, and how difficult it will be to include in bgt.

On 3/28/2010 10:14 PM, Valiant8086 wrote:
Hi.
I'm not exactly sure what to do here then, maybe I can write the script but if
folks want to use it they have to copy a portion of it into what ever their
main loop is. I figured I could write the script and a user could use it's
functions, but if it's going to need to run without haulting other loops just
including the file won't work.

   Regards:
   Valiant8086: website valiant8086.com
   ----- Original Message -----
   From: Philip Bennefall
   To: Gamers Discussion list
   Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:55 PM
   Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question again

   Hello there,

   BGT does not support neither co-routines nor multithreading, as both of
   these concepts are rather advanced; especially for beginners. However, the
   sound object has asynchronous methods so that your script will not block
   while the method in question is executing. There is the play method which,
   when called, will just start the playback of the sound and then return
   control to your script immediately. you can then go into a loop and check
   the playing property of this sound in every cycle, while simultaneously
   performing any other tasks in the same loop. What I'm trying to say is, you
   are not restricted to performing just one operation inside your loop,
   checking if the sound is playing can be one of 10 things that you do. So
   while the BGT engine does not at this time support threads or co-routines,
   there's nothing stopping you from accomplishing what you want with just one
   loop. Q9 is a good example of this, I do hundreds of things at once there
   without blocking.

   Kind regards,

   Philip Bennefall