Hi Shaun,
The GMA product keys are user account specific too. I've noticed if I
reinstall Windows and use say tward as the user name, and reinstall
and use a user name like Thomas the keys no longer work. However, if I
use the same user name, same Windows, and PC they work just fine. So
the GMA product ID system uses quite a lot of personal information
when creating those keys.