Ok, actually found out that if I got hold of the installer for windows frotz 1.16 from http://ifarchive.heanet.ie/ then it has a speech option that can then be turned on, so will now finally be able to actually play the interactive fiction games have here now....whoohoo!

This is just the standard windows frotz installation, not the specifically TTS version.

http://ifarchive.heanet.ie/if-archive/infocom/interpreters/frotz/WindowsFrotzInstaller.exe

Found it on this page where you can also download the source code for it, but which doesn't seem to want to compile on my machine after I pulled it into visual studio.net, and allowed it to handle the conversion, but anyway:
http://ifarchive.heanet.ie/indexes/if-archiveXinfocomXinterpretersXfrotz.html

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker