oh man the braille N speaks! everyone had them back then. such cool little devices. and you guys remember the games people created with them?

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] How did you start?

Hi Shaun,
I don't know if you have anything like it in New Zeland but here in
the U.S. there is a place called Batteries Plus. What they basically
do is take devices and replace the rechargible batteries in them for
you. I once took a Braille N' Speak into them and they swapped out the
original batteries in it for new ones and it ran like a charm until it
eventually died around 2003 or so. In fact, the batteries they put in
were better than the original Blazie ones, because when I got the BNS
originally in 96 it constantly liked saying battery low like the
battery Blazie gave me was junk to begin with.
Anyway, there are places around that can probably fix your Keynote SA
for you. That was a pretty good foreign language synth, and I haven't
seen one of those for ages. Last time I used one was when I was taking
French in school. Now, I remember the Keynote better than i do the
French. Lol!

well if someone still has a keynote and wants to make it go die I'd like it
since i have a deadnote right now.
Either that or if someone can contact me off list with instructions on
trying to change the old keynote gold sa battery I may bother.
the only real reason I want a dos system now is to run agt things like
cosmoserve which doesn't run right on agility.
and a few other things.
arena, destination mars and several other things.