Hi Thomas,

I also have and used a wav file player named sox.  They must have also made a
dos version.  But all that we did was use the Basic shell command to shell out
and play the wav file.  It worked and was great to be able to add wav files to
our games, but as you can imagine shelling out was not exactly congruent to
smooth continuous game play.  But that was part of the fun.  You know figuring
out how to make a good game and blend in that shelling out to play sounds.  I
was writing my games in PDS7.  That is Microsoft Professional Development
System version 7.  Also known as Extended Quick Basic.  That golf game was
though written in GW Basic by a PC Users group from Pittsburgh.  I also wrote
in GW Basic, BasicA, QBasic, Quick Basic 3.0 and Quick Basic 4.5.  And
Microsoft Extended Basic for the TI 99 4A and Atari home computers.  Oh yeah
and wrote a couple of little games for my Dad on his TRS80 in whatever Basic
that was.

BFN

    Jim

I like Visual Basic 6.0 because I can not C.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA