I figured as much. I also noticed a slight quirk, not necessarily a bug but definitely a quirk, involved in checking status of certain items. For instance checking weapon status or number of torches seems to be done by pressing the right Control plus W or T respectively, but checking Potions involves pressing left Control+P. Needless to say that threw me off, especially since the safeguard against using multiple torches at once is no longer there, which I would imagine is temporary. Other than that I really like the new version. I don't mind so much the delay in menus since I did on occasion arrow too far in older versions, though not very often. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

HI Bryan and all,
That's something I'm still working on. When I tried putting speech on
its own thread it kept crashing the game all the time so I had to
remove the multithreaded support for speech for the time being.
Keep in mind since this is a totally new engine while the official
version number says beta 11 it is basically beta 1  with the new
engine. It is not like i have 10 versions of betas that have been
fixed, debugged, and upgraded as was the case with beta 10. This is
the first time the new C++ Genesis engine has been tested in the field
so to speak so there are bound to be bugs/problems.

Cheers!