Hi Bryan,
Actually Parker Brothers no longer holds the copyrights to Montezuma's
Revenge, and they sold it to Utopia which came out with Montezuma's
Return. I hadn't known at the time there was actually a game named
Montezuma's Return nor who Utopia was. Which just goes to show how
easy it is to get into quicksand up to your eyeballs with copyrights
like this.
Anyway, as the same company owned both the Montezuma's Revenge and
Montezuma's Return trademarks either name was equally bad for me to
use.  So it doesn't matter what name I had on it Utopia would have
screwed me either way. I suppose I could have changed the name remade
the levels and nothing else would have been said about it, but at the
time I was pretty shook up an scrapped the project completely and gave
people Mysteries of he Ancients which is a superior game in my book
anyway.