That is essentially what put me off getting one myself, the lack of ability to do things with it.

I think I'll probably just wait until my laptop explodes, by which time there should be powerful enough slim line laptops which will fulfill the need very well.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games on netbook

Hi Will,
I'm sure that will help some, but in my opinion Netbooks aren't
exactly a good option for games of any kind. Keep in mind they are
only designed  to be notetakers  with wireless web access so can't
handle a lot of applications that require heavy system resources. Some
of our games run fine on them, but anything too resource intensive
won't run well at all no matter how much ram you slap into it.

HTH