From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:19 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Fighting fantasy and ms word

Hi.

It's very symple, you just let the game do what a gm of a tabletop game
does.

First, write yourself a character sheet with your characters' stats on it.

Then, find a decent dice program like gma dice, ---- then start reading the
word document. When your told "To fight the evil goblin turn to section 48,
or to run away like a sissy coward turn to section 113" you press ctrl F and

type in the section number of the page your looking for, then read that
page.

For combat you use your dice program to roll the dice, and you record any
stat changes, items or whatever on a character sheet.

To anyone's who's done tabletop rp, this is second nature.

There are some fantastic books which must be played this way, for instance
those from www.arborell.com (my personal favourite gamebooks ever!), or from

www.projectaon.org (though those at least do have html pages so that you
don't have to hit ctrl F), so it's very much worth learning this skill.

Hth.

Beware the grue!