Hi Bryan,
Ummm...That's not exactly how it works. I made people an offer of
either have it as an on/off feature or have it based on difficulty
level. Not both here.
Since people have decided they want an on/off setting that's what I'll
be doing.  If they don't want it they can simply turn it off. I think
expert is difficult enough as it is that the player warnings won't
make much of a difference anyway.