I did actually wonder Tom exactly how much of the code was the engine and how much was mota specific. I do now though have an idea of approximately how much easier things will be in the future for producing any other audio fps or similar now having the engine written.

Btw, if you wrote thirteen thousand lines in a month, and mota takes up nine thousand, I duely expect usa games to be releasing 1 and a half games a month from now on? ---- and no skimping on the halves! I'll be expecting to see the adventures of Angela Carters' legs! traversing ancient floors and booting centaurs where it hurts! ;D.

Ps: needless to say, this isn't serious, stil I thought the coding average as compared to the amount of code taken for Mota itself was pretty impressive.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 12 Released

Hi Dark,
Yes, it includes the internal coding for the Genesis Engine. All
39,286  lines of code were written by me personally.  Most of it was
converted from C# .Net to C++ manually. A project that took three
months of four to five hour days working on just copying and rewriting
code. It was a nightmare.
Fortunately, though, since I now have the Genesis Engine any future
games of a side-scroller and FPS variety won't take as long. It helps
to have 25,000 to 30,000 lines of code already written and ready to
use at a moments notice.  That's why this period of debugging is so
important. Every day I debug the engine the less time I'll need to fix
future games using the engine.

HTH