Hi Tom,

I tried all the files on that site, and still nothing. I get the same error.
Any ideas?

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] DirectX
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 05:46:34 -0400

Hi,
First, I think there is something you need to understand about
DirectX. DirectX gets updated pretty regularly about every three or
four months so the version you get with the Windows OS cd is never the
latest.  It may have been the latest when Windows 7 began shipping,
but it went out of date the next time Microsoft updated DirectX. So
once you keep that in mind you should never, ever, assume your version
of DirectX is the latest.
Second, the DirectX components that come with Windows are generally
only the standard C++ libraries. There are extra, special libraries,
for .Net and Visual Basic 6 that do not ship with Windows 7. If you
want these extra libraries the only way to get them is to run the
dxwebsetup.exe file you get from
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/
and it will install any and all missing components as well as upgrade
DirectX. So if RS Games products are not running that would be because
the DirectX you have is incomplete.
So I think the number one problem people have here is the don't really
understand these two facts and jump to false conclusions that they
have the latest, they have everything, etc when they really don't.  So
I hope this helps clear up some of the mystery.

Cheers!