The Atari version was actually the first version I remember being exposed to. In fact I have it on my current 2600 system.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Happy Birthday Pacman

Rather fun, if not actually accessible (though thanks to phil there is accessible packman of course).

Interestingly enough though, while I remember playing packman at the age of 3 or 4 on our old atari 2600, the colours and sfx were completely different from the arcade version, though the gameplay was exactly the same.

Sinse this would've been in 1985 and 86, I wonder if that was actually the original packman or a sequal, --- sinse I do remember it having features such as the maze actually changing after a few levels.

Beware the grue!

Dark.

---- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net> To: "Lori Duncan" <lori_dunca...@hotmail.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:35 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Happy Birthday Pacman

Pacman was born May 22, 1980; 30 years ago (1980-05-22)
Just search for the Insert coin button.
To hear the original Pacman.
http://www.google.com/