Hi Dark,
Hmmmm...I'm not sure if I'd like to be able to jump over the ghosts or
not. That's precisely the problem I have with some of these retro
remakes of classic games. Sooner or later a game developer will screw
it up, because he/she will decide that the original game play wasn't
good enough and it needs to be changed. packman Talks is a fairly good
remake of the classic Packman in my opinion. However, as you pointed
out newer remakes etc had features like jumping that wasn't present in
the original. While adding jumping over ghosts isn't really a big deal
this is just a small example of how classic games can be altered  and
easily lose touch with the original game it is suppose to be based on.
For example, as you know I was suppose to make a clone of Montezuma's
Revenge. Unfortunately, I don't think people really wanted anything
like the classic original game. People began throwing out suggestions
like more random monsters, more random items, random levels, allow the
player to use the spacebar to use the sword, etc. What they didn't
stop and consider is with every suggestion they made they were getting
further and further from the classic game I was trying to make a retro
remake of in the first place. The final version I released definitely
wasn't really true to the game i played in 1984. WhatI'm learning the
hard way is sometimes suggestions are helpful and sometimes they are
harmful to the final product as well.