Hi,
Exactly. There also is no such thing as a standard programming
language. A lot of it comes down to what you need the language to do
as much as personal preference. If there was such a thing as a
standard programming language, one that could do everything wee need,
there wouldn't be so many of them to choose from.
Case in point. Most professional game studios write their games in
C++. Through a lot of personal research I've found C++ is in deed the
best language of choice for designing vidio games, but however it does
come at the price of added time and complexity. Newer rapid
development languages like Microsoft's C# .NET are so much easier to
use, handles things like strings better, etc but at the price of a
bunch of extra dependencies like the .NET Framework, XNA Framework,
and other .NET components that may or may not be present on your
Windows operating system. There are good solid arguments to go either
way.