Hi Dark,
Well, you know what they say great minds think alike. Lol!
Seriously though, I'm becoming a fan of the Super NES now that I've
got one to play around with.  It has the classic NES feel to it, but
the games are superior to the classic NES versions.  Also as I said
earlier from an accessible game perspective games like those for the
Super NES are realistically possible from a single developer/low
budget perspective.
Plus I'm guessing many gamers blind from birth haven't had exactly a
chance to enjoy games like that to begin with so in a way all this
discussion of mainstream verses accessible games is a bit slanted in
favor of the person who has played all that stuff when it was new and
now is looking for accessible games on par with games of today instead
of yesterday. Only problem is as a market we haven't even remotely
began to explore the huge catalog of games from the 1980's and 1990's
let alone games of today.
Just in the side-scroller style alone there are games like Batman,
Ninja Turtles, Legend of Kage, Golden Ax, Megaman, Castlevania, Donkey
Kong, Pitfall, Super Contra, you name it. All of which are good games
in there own right and haven't been explored in audio format yet.
Speaking of Golden Ax that is in fact one of the classic games I've
been seriously considering doing a remake of. Obviously, do to
copyrights I can't make Golden Ax per say, but as with Tomb Hunter I
can borrow the basic concept behind the game. There is nothing
especially unique about a ddwarf,barbarion, and an amazon as player
characters. The enemy knights, skeletons, etc are similarly generic
enough to fit into any game. Instead of a magic golden ax we could use
some other weapon. Whatever the case I think that is a game I could
pretty much copy without getting into too much hot water with as long
as I stuck to generic game content.

Cheers!