I agree Tom.

While I've never owned a Nes I've been playing my Snes for years and certainly wouldn't be without it, and I do think it is a shame that people who've been blind from birth have never had chance to experience Turrican, Mega man, Metroid, Kirby, castlevania, pitfall, final fight or golden axe.

speaking of Golden axe, it's actually funny you mention that game, sinse it's one I've been playing literally for years.

I began at the age of about 6 before I even lost the site of my right eye on our amstrad cpc, and then got the amigar version at 10. I now have the Mega Drive (genesis), version (which had various gameplay additions), though have also played the arcade version on mame.

If you want to find out about the game, there's a really rather good faq found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/563326-golden-axe/faqs/46983 which has full descriptions of all in game enemies complete with descriptions of their armour and weapons (great for me sinse those are details I can't see), their stats, strengths and weaknesses and character moves.

Oh, and some nutter called dark also contributed various pieces of information as well.

Something like this in audio would be fantastic, ---- especially sinse we don't have any accessible side scrolling beat em ups at the moment (not with danger city's cancelation).

Beware the Grue!