Hi

thought I'd pass this on.lits interesting, and game related.

3. VI Fit Project Brings Accessible Bowling, Tennis Games Similar to Nintendo WII The Nintendo Wii has allowed for the creation of a new breed of video games which require players to use physical motion to compete. But as anyone who has tried Wii Sports knows, sighted assistance is generally required to play these games with much accuracy. The Vi Fit project seeks to change this. Using the Wii Remote and a computer with Bluetooth support, blind participants can play two free games Vi Bowling and Vi Tennis, accessible versions based on their Wii Sports counterparts. According to the VI Fit website, "Lack of physical activity is a serious health concern for individuals who are visually impaired as they have fewer opportunities and incentives to engage in physical activities that provide the amounts and kinds of stimulation sufficient to maintain adequate fitness and to support a healthy standard of living." The project, the brainchild of students at the University of Nevada at Reno, plans on producing more games in the coming months. The titles are free and can be downloaded now.

so if we can use wii controllers with our computers that sounds very cool! maybe using nintendo wi controllers can be added to the bgt toolkit.

Josh

--
Josh Kennedy jkenn...@gmail.com