To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 10:04 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Gamebase access podcast

Hi.

As some people might know, I recently was asked by Barry elis from Oneswitch.co uk (sort of the audiogames.net for physically impared gamers), to demonstrate three audio games for his Electronic soop series of podcasts hosted by the gamebase access collective, see http://www.gamebase.info/members/profile/14/blog-view/blog_248.html for details.

After two parts on audio game access to console games and difficulties for blind gamers, He asked me to choose and briefly demonstrate three audio games which showed off what more complex things could be done in audio.

After quite a lot of thought, I chose entombed, Mysteries of the ancients (beta 12), and Time of conflict.

Actually deciding on three was quite a challenge, and I also considdered Sarah, Rail racer, sound rts, judgement day and even Q9, but decided on those three sinse A, they are most recent, B, they most immediately show off complexity, good audio and interesting gameplay in a very short demo, and C, I could play them on my speakers (though you will be amused to here me getting the snot kicked out of me on Mota due to the fact I'm used to estimating monster distances through headphones).

If you have I tunes or other podcatching software, go to the above link and check the recent entires to the series, or alternatively if you just want the download, I've stuck it on sendspace.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3c6ifd

Enjoy!

Beware the grue!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5171 (20100604) __________