Hi Damien,
The leather whip really isn't a strong weapon. It can take several
lashes to take an enemy down. About the only advantage it has over
using your bare fists is range. Like most leather bull whips it is
close to 10 feet long or 3 meters if you use the metric system. Its
most practical use is against enemy skeletons which are easy to knock
apart with the whip.

HTH