I've heard tat one as well. Then there were were versions that stated that one evil was actually still trapped in the jar when the lid was closed again, and that this one was the worst of all. Then of course there was the other version that tells of how hope was the last to emerge, which kept mortals from killing themselves in utter despair.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

Hi,
Actually, if you read the original stories about Pandora it is
actually a clay jar she opens that lets all the evils out into the
world. From some historical things I've read on that particular myth
ancient Greeks would have thought of this as the type of large clay
burial jars they use to keep all of the stuff in the used for
preparing someone for burial. However, somewhere over the centuries
the myth was changed from a clay jar to a wooden box which is the
version most of us know now.

Hi Brian,
Yes.  In most versions of the myth, Athena simplywon, and turned Arachne
into a spider because of her portrail of the gods. I have heard the one
where Arachne won, though. Athena was apparently so mad she turned Arachne into a spider for losing. I even heard one version of the Pandora myth that says the gods sent her as a punishment for Promethus bringing us fire. Only
question left is: howin the world did it become Pandora' box?

Best Regards,
Hayden