I disagree. I think what is even more brilliant for newbies is learning a
language and then understanding how it works.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Damien Pendleton
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:39 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question

Hi Liam,
I don't think that Philip would just make a Space Invaders wizard. I'm sure
that you could easily enough have a game builder, asking you what type of
game you want to make, and in that situation you could have any game you
want to, maybe a few modifications, and away you go.
Maybe even have a auto development system, where you still declare
variables, but in an interface. Imagine having access to sounds, timers,
networks, etc, putting them in yourself from the interface, seeing the
completed example and finally understanding how it works based on that? I
think something like that would be brilliant for newbies.
Regards,
Damien.