Hi Ron,
Well, one thing that may help is by making sure you have Microsoft
Setup Installer 3.1. It comes with Vista and Windows 7 by default, but
is an upgrade for XP users. If you have XP SP3 or later you should be
good, but if not you might want to find out about upgrading to that
first. Beyond that suggestion I'd have to think about any potential
problems.

Cheers!