well they had dotnet 4 with limited support.
I was guessing before that since xp was dieing dotnet4 would not come out.
but it has.
ie9 is not supported for xp but then, what is the advantage over ie8.
I use ie8 on a couple xp boxes even with my older readers and nvda and apart from all the security aspects and the toolbars which I got used to and maybe a better engine I really have no need for all that. but then I am an old dos guru, I never grew up with all the clutter and extra things so don't know what to do with it and oh dear I seem to be rambling.