Hi Jim,
Well, everything looks good on my end. I tried accessing using Firefox
3.6 and Internet Explorer 8 and no problems accessing your website
from Windows 7 or Ubuntu Linux. My guess whatever the problem is it is
most likely something specific to Ryan's computer as I can't reproduce
his problem.
As far as using basic html goes that's certainly fine. You are right
that professionally most websites now days incorperate some sort of
scripting language like asp, php, perl, or javascript, but your
website doesn't really need it.  You don't have to process online
orders, have local search engines, or anything else like that so a
scripting language on your website is overkill. So as it happens your
website is very accessible because it isn't very complex using a lot
of visual formatting, Flash annimations, and all the other crap that
goes along with a high-end website these days.

Cheers!