Hi Kelly,
Well, you used the correct shell command, but gave apt-get an invalid
package name. So you had the right idea, but unfortunately Ryan didn't
give any details on what packages you need for a specific Linux
distribution like Ubuntu. Fortunately as I am also a Ubuntu 10.04 user
I happen to know how to install those dependencies. So here is how to
get the dependencies for the RS Games client installed.
Before I start it might help to note that when it comes to any Python
specific package Ubuntu has a habit of prefixing any Python package
with the word python at the beginning such as python-pygame. So in a
case like this running apt-get install pygame would fail because you
need to provide apt-get with the full package name such as
python-pygame. So with that said lets move on with the install.
In a case like this I would prefer to use the Ubuntu Software Manager
as it is a graphical installer and allows you to browse for the
packages, and doesn't force you to know the specific package names.
However, as you have indicated you are a new user, probably haven't
used the graphical Ubuntu Software Manager, I'll stick with apt-get
since that is something you know already and is more accessible. So
open gnome-terminal and at the terminal screen install these packages
in this order.

sudo apt-get install python-wxgtk2.8
sudo apt-get install python-wxtools
sudo apt-get install wx2.8-i18n
sudo apt-get install python-pygame
sudo easy_install pyttsx

If everything went well that should install and configure all the
dependencies the client requires for Ubuntu. I just tried it here
myself using apt-get and it updated and installed the dependencies so
I don't expect any problems for you. If you have any more problems
just ask.

HTH