I have done a troop go round you never win the speed round I can do it to quite a fast speed, but eventually you die. I won't put up my troop playthrough as there are already to many on the net as it is.
anyway  my stratogy is a bit boring.
it involves me getting the right item and then getting under a lifter and then shooting it and basically cheating loads. if not I go through the issue of trying to shoot down things and really if you get it going there is no real challenge except with the gorbian and I have never got round that that well with out a lot of casualties and big swearing shoutings around the room I have never really bothered with arcade that much.
I'd probably suck compared to most people I haven't even hit insane.
The only reason I only hit sod level3 is because there are more monsters.
level4 has them running away and such though just for fun I may set a challenge for myself where I use my fists in easy level.